Sunday, July 20, 2008

Stolworthy Reunion

This weekend we went to southern Idaho for the Stolworthy Reunion. This reunion was celebrating my Great-grandparents (on my mom's side) 100th wedding anniversary. We drove up on Thursday and on the way stopped and saw our friend Kristy and her little girl Payton and our friends Zack, Erica and their new little baby Owen. Tyson got a little jealous when I held Owen. Ty didn't think that was too cool. We really enjoyed our visits and wish we could have stayed longer but it was on to Idaho!

First I have to say that I have some of the most talented family members. They always impress me. Below is our "Family Tree." My Uncle Carl painted the tree. It was probably 6 1/2 feet tall. Then my amazing Aunt Bonnie made every family member an apple to go on the tree. Each family is color coded and the kids are all linked to their parents. There are 427 apples on this tree. My great-grandparents, William and Martha Stolworthy had six children: Rowdon, Dean, Gordon (my grandpa), Elaine, Geneil, and Fern. From these six children it is amazing to me that there are 427 people (not including spouses). Josh and I were on the same apple.



We went went swimming, played games, shot the BB Gun, had a little "fish pond" for the little kids, our family auction and just got the chance to visit with cousins that I haven't seen in a long time. We had a really nice time.



My Family's Apples



Ty in the pool.



Cousins Jackie and Shawna




Just hanging out.

I think there was something like 120 people there. A big thank you to everyone that put this together. We had a nice time.

When we were driving home, my sister Heidi called and said that she and her girls were at my parents house. She lives in California and was going to surprise my parents. Well, mission accomplished. We got there and Heidi and the girls were hiding in the back bedroom. We got my dad in and sitting on the couch and my mom was in the kitchen. The girls all ran out and yelled "SURPRISE!" I am just glad we set my dad down. He was in total shock. He said it was the best surprise he has every received. So now we will have a fun week with the girls.
The fun never ends!

2 comments:

amyndodd said...

Looks like fun!! I am sorry we couldn't make it. Thanks for blogging about it! The apple tree is awsome!!!

Brad Hart said...

Sounds better than my family reunions. Usually somebody ends up storming off all pissed off over something.

hit counter

My Music


Followers